Vigorous debate is key to the North Star project. We don’t pretend to know the answers, but we do know how to go about the questions–dialectically, critically, analytically, and honestly. To that end, we moderate the comments that appear on the site. Our rules are as follows:
- Do not repost comments, which may be delayed as they are approved.
- Stay on topic.
- Engage substantively. No one-liners or snarkiness for its own sake.
- Back up your arguments with credible evidence.
- Do not post ad hominem attacks, threats, slurs, slander, abuse, or spam. Racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia will not be tolerated.
- Do not post steaming heaps of links.
- No sly attacks, schoolyard tactics, derailing or diversions. Discuss the matter at hand, not the ‘honesty’ or ‘character’ of your interlocutor.
- No argument in bad faith. Since we can’t list every kind of trollish behaviour, we won’t attempt to – but we will enforce this.
Commenting privileges may be revoked for users who persistently break these rules. The North Star reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.
NOTE: Any comments with links in them will be moderated (to avoid spambots) before being posted.